Monday, March 10, 2014

It's Been A Long Time Coming

It has been such a long time since I last blogged. I have been very busy with work and school. Here is an update of my life.

In school:
This week is our spring break. We are halfway done and I am so excited. I am only taking two classes this semester and I can not wait until they are over! For some reason, I am not enjoying this semester. I am taking a medical terminology course and the second part of my chemistry sequence. In med term I have taken 5 tests and the lowest score I have received is a 95 on them! This is a huge accomplishment and I am ecstatic! In my chemistry course I am doing fairly well. This course involves a lot of math which I am not particularly fond of. I hope to come out with a solid B in this course. After this semester I have only one more course to take until I have met all prerequisites for the MUSC PA program. The last requirement is an organic chemistry course which I plan to take at Winthrop University. I can not wait to attend my alma mater again! I have changed my career path a bit. My main goal is still to become a PA, but I would like to take a detour and become a nurse in order to gain excellent experience. Who knows I may be able to make that my permanent career. After my courses this semester, I will apply for the MUSC nursing program in July. This program will take only 16 months. After the completion of the nursing program, I plan on becoming a traveling nurse. One of my Starbucks customers has urged me to consider this type of career and I must admit that it appeals to me greatly. I look forward to what the future holds. I will make sure to keep everyone updated on my admission process.

In my sbux world:
At my Starbucks job, I recently got a new assistant. I am so excited to finally have an assistant. I plan on showing her all the ropes. I know that she will be an excellent assistant and lead when I go off to nursing school. I have enjoyed my session of being a manager but it is very hard work. I love working as a team with a little autonomy. I do not like being the sole, head person in charge, but I do love my team. I have gained valuable experience from this position and I look forward to applying these new skills to my career in the future.


In the baby world:
The weekend of February 23rd I was caught, caught staring.  We decided to have a dinner date at Olive Garden Saturday night.  Willie always tries to sit with his back to the room which forces me to face the room and the crowd watching their every move. That night though,  the only moves I was watching belonged to a little boy.  He was rosy cheeked,  blond with big baby blues.  So incredibly adorable and entertaining.  Never would I have thought that a child could captivate me so much. It was hilarious to watch this small child sitting in his high chair stuffing his face.  In one hand the little boy held a spoon and in the other he held a soggy bread stick.  Y'all should have seen him shove spaghetti into his mouth.  He figured out the spoon was useless so he used his bread stick to scoop the spaghetti out of the bowl. Little ones are so clever. Right now in our infertility journey we are at a standstill. We know we have to have the IUI or continue to wait patiently. Right now I have decided to focus on my career. The baby will come in time I guess. It has taken me so long to gain this attitude. I can not believe have much I have matured. A baby use to be all that I could think about. The process was oh so difficult, but it is no longer suffocating me. I can breathe again and I love the smell of life's possibilities and new hope.

Free Time:
During my free time I have done nothing but read, read, and read some more. Lately I have been stuck on vampire romances, alien romances and mob boss series. The Captive series by Erica Stevens is a new vampire romance series I have started. The first book, Captured, was free on my Nook. I loved them all!  The new alien romance series I have started is by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It is the Lux series and the prequel is titled Shadows. Finally, the latest mob boss series I have started is by S.W. Frank. This series is 14 books long and I believe I am on the 9th book. All of the books in the series have been $3.99 and under. A huge bonus is that the books are also 300 pages or more. I love long series and books with many pages. The first book in this series is Alfonzo. I absolutely love this series and it is at the top of my list to reread. These authors have become some of my favorite authors. You all should also check out:  Kristie Cook (Soul Savers Series), JM Darhower (Sempre and Sempre Redemption), Chrissy Peebles (Ruby Ring Saga), Danielle Bourdon (Latvala Royals series, Royal Elites series, and Daughters of Eve series), Tracey Jane Jackson (Bride series and Cauld Ane series), Jennifer Connors (Lesson Series), Felicity Heaton, Delores Philips, Octavia Butler, Elizabeth Davies (Resurrection trilogy), Sienna Mynx ( Battaglia Series), Mallory Monroe (President series and Mob boss series), Lynnie Purcell, Genevieve Jack, Elise Marion, and Penny Greenhorn. I could go on and on by naming the authors of all 593 books in my Nook, but I will not bore you. Please take a look at the books by these authors. I hope many of you love to read like I do because you will not be disappointed!


~Until Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment